25 July: This is a wonderful, BBC-produced documentary that takes one on a tour of the principal events and cultures associated with the event of Buddhism, showing the ancient monuments and present-day activities in Buddhist communities and monasteries in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, China and Japan. Commentaries by modern Buddhist scholars, such as Robert Thurman and Ernst Gombrich add depth to the film.
We will show this film at the 32nd Annual General Meeting of the Buddhist Institute of South Africa. Tea and snacks will be served. Come and meet the members of your Committee and other friends of the BRC.
Here are the details:
The 32nd Annual General Meeting ofThe Buddhist Institute of South AfricaWednesday July 25 2012 @ 19h00 to be held at the home of Chrisi & Louis van Loon:
24 Bemersyde Road, off Stephen Dhlamini (Essenwood) Road Durban
- Reading of Minutes of previous Meeting
- Matters arising from previous Minutes
- Chairman’s & Treasurer’s Reports
- Adoption of Reports
- Election of Officers and Members of the Committee.
- The Seven Wonders of the Buddhist World
- Tea, snacks and chats.
For catering purposes, please RSVP:
- Telephone:  2095 995 - 082 4668 306 - 082 5785 119
- Fax:  2098 954
- E-mail: email@example.com